halfasmuch
(action hero)
09/07/11 04:24 PM
Re: Swan Lake-Fountain Grove memories...

long story shortened...One halloween night, my rather strict father (who was pizzed at me for attending the ZOU instead of that female barren skool UMR)had to walk through the toke haze only to find a slightly inebriated son trying to sober enuf to find his reservation to the Grove. while impatiently waiting on me, a much more inebriated young lady in full camo, came in the kitchen ,greeted IIFID,Dad and big brother and promptly climbed in my bed... IN order to avoid explaining this for 100 miles, I climbed into the back of an uninsulated Pickup with the decoys and napped until it was time to drag my frozen pounding hungover self into the draw.. Got a pit close to the Bluffs.. at midday, Dad and i decided to wade back to dry ground and nap.. The Tree Blinds opened up and as the flock flew out over the grove, one folded up and sailed almost into our boat.. I still remember IIFID running over, claiming it and waving back at the bluff! Our Nap was interrupted again to the sound of gunfire from the blind and the boat motor as IIFID and brother slayed ......
well ... it . had feathers..
One day, roommate Motormouth was all excited.. our other roommate from NJ got drawn for the grove..(they werent so harsh on IDs in those days) I brought him a 16 gauge single shot from the farm and Curt was the longest haired non hunter hippie lookin mofo in the draw.. Motormouth whacka a goose about 30 seconds into shooting hours and tosses it in the Pit..

After 10 minutes or so, Resurrection comes to the goose and he jumps up and locks on to the cheek of our non hunter NJ compatriot! HE screams and starts to swing the 16 down into the pit as the goose is flailing the snot out of him.. I grab the gun away as Curt sets the Grove standing High jump record out the front of the pit...Motormouth is laughin so hard and rollin on the bench that the goose starts whacking him .. I think Curt made us put that goose in a decoy bag before he would come back in the pit!

SO cuz and I draw a blind way in the back and the knucklehead only has hip boots... and shows up with royal case o the chits.... So about every 20-30 minutes, he cant squeeze no mo and would have to seek dry ground.. Not a tall mofo.. so if he tiptoed and the water was calm, he could make it to the hump behind us without taking on water..

Course, I saw no reason to let that pass.. A guy is going to instinctively crouch as the sound of a call... even more so with a gun shot... and of course sending the dawg out off the ramp makes some pretty good waves... He got wet on several forays to the chittin hump... cursin us coming and going... so to speak....

Contact Us Return to Main Page

UBB.threads™ 6.5